Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped (½ cup)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can cream corn
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 to 2 cups cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Pour off grease.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Cook elbow macaroni until almost done.
- Mix meat and cooked noodles in a large bowl with all other ingredients (except cheese).
- Put mixture in a greased casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until done.
- Add 1 can sliced mushrooms and 1 can sliced olives.
- To lower sodium content: use low-sodium canned soups and Low-sodium vegetables or fresh vegetables; use salt substitute instead of salt.
- To lower fat content: use defatted or lean meats; omit sour cream or use low fat or fat-free sour cream; decrease or omit cheese or use low fat cheese.