Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Lilly at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 (9") baked pie shell
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp + ½ cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup brandy
- 2½ cups heavy cream
- ⅓ + ¾ cup chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 9 – 10 whole macadamia nuts
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, 3 tbsp sugar, egg and egg yolk.
- In a saucepan, combine milk and ½ cup sugar; bring mixture just to boil over moderate heat and add to cornstarch mixture in stream, beating until mixture is well combined.
- Transfer mixture to saucepan; bring to simmer over low heat until mixture begins to thicken; then simmer 5 minutes more.
- Transfer pastry cream to bowl and chill, covered, 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over brandy to soften, 10 minutes, set bowl in pan of hot water and stir gelatin until dissolved.
- In chilled bowl, beat heavy cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Beat pastry cream with electric mixer until it is completely smooth and in large bowl combine it with gelatin mixture, 2 cups whipped cream and ⅓ cup chopped macadamia nuts.
- In a small saucepan, melt semi-sweet chocolate over low heat, dip extra macadamia nuts in chocolate and let dry on waxed paper.
- Brush bottom of pie shell with thin layer of chocolate, pour in filling and chill pie, covered, 1 hr or until completely set.
- Sprinkle ½ cup macadamia nuts around edge of pie, transfer remaining whipped cream to pastry bag, fitted with star tip and pipe 9 – 10 rosettes of cream over top of pie.
- Top each rosette with chocolate-covered nut and chill at least 2 hr.