Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 250 g onions
- 200 g tomatoes
- 50 g ginger garlic paste
- 30 g coriander leaves
- 100 g red chilli
- 10 g green chillies
- 50 g coconut
- 50 g poppy seeds
- 25 g coriander seeds
- 25 g fennel seeds
- 20 g pepper
- 75 ml oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 20 g garam masala
- 25 g coriander powder
- 25 g chilli powder
- 2 g cinnamon
- 1 g cardamom
- 1 g cloves
- Grind all the ingredients for the paste.
- Slice the onions, puree the tomatoes, chop the green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Pressure cook the mutton along with the ginger garlic paste, salt and turmeric for approx. 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan.
- Add cloves, bayleaf, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add the sliced onions and sauté until golden.
- Add green chillies, tomato puree and saute for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the paste and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked lamb and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.