- 100 g plantain (peeled and cored, washed, cut into brunoise, boiled until tender and drained)
- 50 g basmati rice (soaked for 2 hrs in cold water, washed and blended to a smooth paste)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 50 ml coconut cream
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 50 ml Jasmine water
- 3 pieces rampe leaf
- 1 ltr water
- Bring water, jasmine water, sugar and rampe leaf to boil.
- Combine the thin coconut milk with puréed rice until free from lumps.
- Add the rice mixture to the boiling water and bring to boil and let it thicken.
- Add the cooked plantain into the pot and let it cook slightly.
- Add coconut cream.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve cold.