Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 2 servings.
- ¾ pound tofu, diced ¼-inch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chive or small scallion (green part only), chopped
- ¼ pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons spicy (not sweet) bean paste or Szechuan bean sauce 
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy chili oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the tofu and cook for 1 minute to remove acidity.
- Remove tofu, drain and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil medium hot in a wok or large skillet.
- Sauté the garlic and chive until garlic aroma is evident, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pork, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until all pink is gone, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bean paste, chicken broth and tofu.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water.
- Stir the cornstarch slurry into the broth.
- Bring to a boil to thicken the sauce.
- Just before serving, add the sesame and chile oils.
Nutritional information Edit
Nutrients per serving:
- 435 calories | 28 grams protein | 14 grams carbohydrates | 31 grams fat | 33 mg cholesterol | 543 mg sodium