- Rinse the prunes in warm water and cook them in water sweetened with 2 tbs of the sugar.
- Remove the pits, chop the prunes finely, and add the cooking water.
- Whip the egg whites till stiff and add the remainder of the sugar, little at a time, whipping well after each addition.
- Combine about ¾ of the whipped egg whites with the prunes and pour unto a greased baking dish.
- Garnish the soufflé with the remainder of the egg whites and bake in a water bath in mild oven (150°C) (300°F) for about 50 mins.
- Serve immediately with cream or vanilla sauce.