Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb prunes
- 2½ cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tbsp potato or corn starch
- juice of ½ lemon
- Let the prunes soak in water sweetened with sugar till they are plump.
- Simmer, covered, over low heat slowly, with the stick of cinnamon, till the prunes are soft.
- Remove the prunes and place in a glass bowl.
- Season the broth with the juice of ½ lemon and add sugar to taste.
- Dissolve the starch in a small amount of cold water and pour into the broth.
- Mix well and bring to a quick boil.
- Pour into the bowl with prunes and sprinkle with sugar. (important: the sugar will prevent undue thickening of the surface)
- Serve cold with riisipuuro or with whipped cream.