Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Celebrate and enjoy a serving of this indulgent cake on a special occasion.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Original recipe at Kraft Kitchens
- Total Time: 1 hr 42 minutes
- Makes: 16 servings, one slice each
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin, divided
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup caramel topping
- ¼ cup chopped Planter's pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup of the pumpkin, the milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp.
- Of the pumpkin pie spice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes.
- Or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and remaining ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice;mix well.
- Stir in the whipped topping.
- Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife.
- Stack layers on serving plate,spreading the cream cheese filling between layers (do not frost top of cake).
- Drizzle cake with caramel topping just before serving; sprinkle with the pecans.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
How to slice and stack cake layers Edit
- Place one of the cooled cake layers on a serving plate.
- Make a 2-inch horizontal cut around side of cake using a long serrated knife.
- Then,cut all of the way through the cake layer to make two layers.
- Remove the top layer by sliding it onto a 9-inch round cardboard circle.
- Frost the cake layer on the serving plate with one-third of the whipped topping mixture, then slide the top half of the split cake layer from the cardboard circle onto the frosted layer on plate.
- Place the remaining unsplit cake layer on a cutting board.
- Cut into two layers as done for the first layer.
- Repeat the process of transferring the cake layers to the stacked cake layers on plate using the cardboard circle.
Nutrition Information Edit
- Calories 360 | Total Fat 19g | Saturated Fat 8g | Cholesterol 70mg | Sodium 310mg | Carbohydrate 44g | Dietary Fiber 1g | Sugars 31g | Protein 5g | Vitamin A 90% dv | Vitamin C 2% dv | Calcium 8% dv | Iron 6% dv