Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons melted shortning (I use oil)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- In a bowl, beat eggs until yellow and thick. Then add the salt, and oil.
- Next, add the flourand milk alternately until well blended and smooth.
- Fill the greased cupcake pans or the greased pyrex dishes (approximately these dishes hold about 1/2 to 3/4 cups of batter(dough).
- Fill the pans with 2/3 cup of batter.
- Bake in a preheated 220 degree C. oven for 30 minutes, now turn the oven off and with a sharp knife or fork prick the popover and allow them to sit in hot oven for another 10 minutes.
- I like to remove themfrom the pans immediately so moisture does not ruin them. Put them in a napkin-lined basket.
- Serve warm with butter and Jelly or Jam.