Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Grandmother’s Estate. Dated 1928.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- ½ cup grated Cheese
- 1-cup tomato sauce
- Mix and then sift all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the well-beaten egg to the liquid.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients very gradually and stir quickly.
- Add the melted shortening, egg whites and Cheese.
- Place on griddle and cook about 2 minutes on each side.
- Put a dollop of tomato sauce on each griddlecake when serving.