Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in warm water for 20-30 minutes prior to preparing food.
- Place meat in a large bowl; add the onion, egg, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Beat with a spoon until well mixed and the meat turns lighter in color.
- Take a handful of the mixture and form it around the skewer to approximately 6" long and 1" in diameter to make an elongated patty (it helps to oil hands, and lay out some wax paper to work on).
- Set kebabs aside on wax paper on another plate until ready to grill.
- Grill kebabs over hot coals or under broiler until cooked through, turning once.
- Serve with lemon wedges, and chelou (rice) with a sprinkling of sumak seasoning (optional).