Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The crisp colors and tangy dill dressing make this one-of-a-kind slaw a hit!
- 1 medium green cabbage, shredded (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup thinly sliced dill pickles
- ½ cup short thin strips green bell peppers
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley or fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell peppers or pimentos
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup pickle juice (juice from jar of pickles)
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, pickles, green bell pepper, parsley, green onions, carrots and red pepper.
- For dressing, combine water, pickle juice, vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss lightly to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, tossing lightly several times.