Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Total time: 1 hour | Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Servings per Recipe: 8
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions in the large saucepan.
- Drain in colander.
- To make cheese sauce, melt margarine in medium-sized saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch well into cold skim milk.
- Add skim milk and evaporated skim milk to margarine.
- Heat sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When the sauce thickens, remove from heat and add shredded cheese.
- Mix drained macaroni with sauce.
- Put in casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350°F.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 207 | Calories from Fat 22 | Total Fat 5g | Cholesterol 17 mg | Sodium 185 mg | Carbohydrate 27g | Dietary Fiber 1g | Protein 12g
- Exchanges: 1 lean meat | 1 non-fat milk | 1 starch
- Carbohydrate Units 2