Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6 oz catfish fillets, ½ inch thick
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced fresh jalapeño pepper, seeds discarded
- ½ cup coarsely grated 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, olive oil, and hot sauce.
- Brush both sides of catfish fillets.
- Place on an oiled baking pan and broil about 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir together tomato, onion, jalapeño pepper, and cheese.
- Spoon over catfish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and broil for an additional 5 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- 280 calories, 16 g fat, 27 g protein, 7 g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 77 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium