Low-Lactose Pancakes from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- These pancakes have high protein quality without a drop of milk.
- 1 egg (2 for crepe-type)
- ½ cup soy formula
- 2 tsp milk-free margarine, melted
- ½ cup milk-free pancake mix
- Put egg, soy formula, and melted margarine into bowl or blender.
- Beat to blend.
- Stir in mix until wet but some lumps remain.
- Cook on greased or oiled pan (use only milk-free margarine, bacon fat, or shortening) until firm enough to turn over.
- Brown other side.
- Keep warm in oven or covered pan on low heat.
- If you wish to freeze pancakes, follow directions in recipe for High Protein Pancakes.
- Makes six four-inch pancakes.