Can be stored in refrigerator for use within several days or can be frozen for longer storage.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 2 cups.
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup instant non-fat dry milk
- Soften gelatin in water for 5 minutes.
- Stir nonfat dry milk into skim milk in saucepan. Heat to simmering.
- Add softened gelatin. Stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add vanilla and sugar.
- Chill until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat with electric mixer or rotary beater until very thick and light.