Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Delicious, low fat, Italian dish. Very filling too!
- 1 lb lasagne pasta
- 16 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese or fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 box chopped frozen spinach, drained well
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces pasta sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Start chopping basil and parsley.
- (use dried if you really feel lazy!) prepare lasagna pasta according to package lay a few sheets of wax paper on the kitchen table.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, ½ of the mozzarella (reserve rest for later), parsley, basil, spinach (hopefully you really squeezed it out dry!) , salt, pepper, egg and carrots. Mix well by hand.
- Lay cooked lasagna on wax paper spread a thin layer of spinach mixture down the length of the lasagna.
- You may have leftover pasta and/or spinach filling.
- Just store it or chuck it.
- Spread a little sauce on the bottom of large shallow casserole dish.
- Roll each filled lasagna and place in casserole dish.
- Spoon the pasta sauce onto spinach rolls.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with a crusty garlic bread and salad.