Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cilantro, corn, red pepper and lime enhance a quick and easy sandwich.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Servings: 6
- 1 large ear of corn, husked
- 10 ounces bay shrimp (or tiny shrimp), cooked (about 1½ cups)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 6 - 4 inch Kaiser rolls or low-fat hamburger buns, cut horizontally in half
- Cook corn in a pot of boiling salted water for three minutes. Drain and cool. Cut kernels off cob. Place corn kernels in a medium bowl.
- Add shrimp, bell pepper, cilantro, green onion, lime juice, lime peel and hot pepper sauce and toss to blend.
- Mix in mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill. (May be made one day in advance and stored in refrigerator)
- Pull out a small amount of the bread on the low half of the bun to hollow out to form a slight indention or bowl effect.
- Scoop salad into roll indention's and top with other half of roll.
Nutritional Information Edit
- 157 Calories | 2 g Fat (10.1% calories from fat) | 14 g Protein | 24 g Carbohydrate | 4 g Dietary Fiber | 72 mg Cholesterol | 295 mg Sodium
- Exchanges: 1½ grain (starch); 1½ lean meat; ½ vegetable; 0 fruit; 0 fat; 0 other carbohydrates