Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 Servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 10 whole mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, oregano, or rosemary
- Rinse and cut all visible fat off of chicken breasts.
- Place chicken in a plastic container.
- Combine lemon juice, brown sugar and spices.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat), and preheat over medium heat.
- Place chicken in skillet, saving the marinade, and cook for 2 –4 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to low, and add marinade, broth, mushrooms, and carrots to the skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 10 –12 minutes.
- Add zucchini, and simmer for an additional 3 – 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per serving size: 1 chicken breast with vegetable
- Calories: 245 | Fat: 3.5 g | Cholesterol: 75 mg | Protein: 30 g | Fiber: 3 g | Sodium: 265 mg |