Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 cups skim milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ to 1 cup brandy or rum
- Combine sugar, egg whites, water and cream of tartar in a large non-aluminum metal bowl: whisk to blend.
- Set bowl over a pan of simmering water, taking care the the bowl does not touch the water.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium about 10 minutes, until mixture registers 140°F on a candy thermometer and is very thick and fluffy.
- Continue to beat 3 or more minutes: remove from heat and beat until mixture has cooled slightly.
- Pour milk and vanilla into another large bowl.
- Add egg white mixture and brandy or rum; combine gently with a whisk.
- Serve well chilled and dusted with nutmeg.
Nog will separate when standing, but is easily recombined by whisking.