Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe for all of you healthy chocolate freaks. Note at the bottom, there is a method for making prune puree (very similar to the wonderslim product that no one can find). This recipe comes from an article about fruit, since it uses prune puree instead of fat. My one gripe, about which i have written to the paper, is that they do not do a nutritional analysis of a recipe, even though they call it low-fat. However, those of us who are experienced in baking low-fat can see that there is little fat in this cake.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup prune purée 
- 3 large egg white
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- To make cake, in mixer bowl combine water, prune puree or butter, egg whites and vanilla; beat to blend thoroughly.
- Add remaining cake ingredients; mix completely.
- Spread batter in prepared pan; bake about 30 minutes until pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
- In mixer bowl combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder and low-fat milk; beat until smooth.
- Spread on completely cooled cake. Cut into 3-inch squares.