Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Figs, Whole, Dried by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 12
- 1 cup chopped dried figs
- 1 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup eggs (2 eggs)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1¼ cups + 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Grease and flour an 8”x12” pan. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Place figs in a bowl; pour boiling water over the top and sprinkle with baking soda. Mix and allow to stand until cool.
- Combine oil and sugar. Blend in eggs, applesauce, vanilla, salt, and cocoa.
- Add flour alternately with cooled fig mixture.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.