Wow. This is GREAT. Excellent for diabetics or those cutting the sugar, who crave sweets! Definite carrot cake taste, slightly different texture, not in the least greasy, and lacks that odd salty bite carrot cakes sometimes have. Just LOOK at the calorie difference!! by wildheart
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- © 2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com
- 50 minutes | 5 minutes prep
- Makes 8 servings
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup prune purée
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- In medium bowl beat together eggs, pineapple, prunes, and applesauce.
- In bowl 2 stir together flour, powder, soda, sat, spice, and Splenda (if using it).
- Stir carrots into liquid mix.
- Stir in flour mix.
- Bake in greased and floured 8x8 pan for 45-50 minutes or until cake pulls away from pan (I used PAM flour spray).
Nutritional information Edit
Per 73g serving (not including ¼ cup prune purée or Splenda brown sugar blend:
- Calories 113 | Calories from Fat 15 (13%) | Total Fat 1.7g 2% (Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%, Polyunsat. Fat 0.4g, Monounsat. Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0.0g) | Cholesterol 52mg 17% | Sodium 376mg 15% | Potassium 178mg 5% | Total Carbohydrate 21.4g 7% (Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14%, Sugars 3.1g) | Protein 4.9g 9% | Vitamin A 2383mcg 47% | Vitamin B6 0.1mg 6% | Vitamin B12 0.2mcg 2% | Vitamin C 3mg 6% | Vitamin E 0mcg 1% | Calcium 67mg 6% | Magnesium 36mg 9% | Iron 1mg 7% | Alcohol 0.0g | Caffeine 0.0mg