A delicious breakfast burrito low in fat and cholesterol with the great taste of California avocados.
- 1 large potato, diced
- ½ small onion, diced
- ½ small California avocado, mashed
- 2 tortillas, burrito size
- ¼ block of firm tofu, crumbled
- 4 strips of veggie bacon, crumbled, or 4 veggie breakfast links, chopped
- lite sour cream to taste
- In a nonstick pan, coat bottom with vegetable oil or nonstick spray (for best results, fry everything with a lid covering the pan).
- Fry potatoes until lightly browned.
- Add onions and fry until translucent.
- Add a very small amount of butter and add the tofu.
- Fry until tofu starts to turn yellow.
- At the same time, bake in the oven or in a toaster oven, the bacon or sausage according to directions on the package.
- Heat the tortillas, fill with the vegetable and tofu mixture, avocado, bacon or sausage, and cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Wrap and eat.