Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The crockpot does wonders for lean cuts of beef, which can be tough and chewy. A day in the crockpot makes it meltingly tender. The beauty of this all-in-one meal is that beef is just one part of this stew, so you really don't need to use more than ¾ of a pound to feed six people. Added protein and fiber comes from the black-eyed peas.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: About.Com Low Fat Cooking Guide
- Serves 6
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 3 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 8-ounce pack sliced mushrooms
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- ¾ pound lean stewing beef
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups no-salt added tomato sauce
- Coat a 4 to 5 quart crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add vegetables, followed by black-eyed peas, bay leaves, beef, Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving: Calories 276 | Calories from fat 38 | total fat 4.2g (sat 1.4g) | cholesterol 32 mg | sodium 114 mg | carbohydrate 38.1 | fiber 9.1g | protein 21.3g