Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Yield: 4 servings, 1½ cups (6 tablespoons per serving)
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon scallion, minced
- ½ cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine vinegar, wine, pepper, scallions and tarragon in saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until reduced to half, about 8 minutes.
- Strain mixture into top of double boiler.
- With wire whisk or rotary beater, beat in beaten egg yolks and salt.
- Cook over hot water until thickened.
- Beat in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Stir over heat till creamy, about 1 minute.
- Serve hot over beef or fish fillets.
Nutritional information Edit
- 262 Cal (94% from Fat, 4% from Protein, 2% from Carb) | 2g Protein | 27g Tot Fat | 2g Carb | 0g Fiber | 32mg Calcium | 1mg Iron | 536mg Sodium | 222mg Cholesterol