This recipe is not the real thing but when I'm taking in 1200 calories/day and working out 2 – 3 hours/day training for competitions, I have to watch my calories! To even be able to have cheesecake is a rare treat! This recipe isn't bad at all...and at 155 calories/serving, (⅛ of the cheesecake), I consider it a real treat! It tastes pretty damn good!
- 1 cup low fat honey graham crackers (crushed)
- ¼ cup melted sweet creamy butter (salted)
- ½ cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup non-fat milk
- 16 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in 8" round baking pan.
- Be careful, make sure butter does not burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in graham cracker crumbs until evenly distributed.
- Press evenly and firm throughout the baking pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to 325°F.
- With electric mixer, mix cream cheese, Splenda, vanilla extract, egg whites until thoroughly mixed.
- Add cake flour, salt, and milk.
- With electric mixer,mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the cooled crust and bake for 1 hour at 325°F.
- Let cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.