Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe by: Jo Anne Merrill
- 4 can green chilies, whole — 4 oz ea
- 4 oz Monterey jack cheese — use reduced-fat jack cheese with or without jalapeno peppers, cut into ½ inch strips
- ¾ lbs turkey breast — cooked
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup skim milk
- 3 eggs — large
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese, shredded — non-fat
- Drain canned chilies, remove seeds, slit on 1 side and opened flat.
- Cut cooked turkey into ½ inch strips.
- Arrange chilies on baking dish lightly coated with vegetable cooking spray.
- Fill each chile with jack cheese and turkey.
- Fold over edges of chilies and place seam-side down.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk milk and eggs together; slowly add to flour mixture, beating until smooth.
- Pour over prepared chilies.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn off heat.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top and return to oven for 1 minute to melt cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
- 238 calories | 7 g fat | 145 mg cholesterol | 578 mg sodium.