Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep: 20 minutes | Bake: 50 minutes
- 2 servings
- 2 (6- to 7-ounce) lamb shoulder chops, cut ¾ inch thick
- ½ cup thin onion wedges
- ⅓ cup peeled turnip cut into thin bite-size strips
- ¼ cup carrot cut into thin bite-size strips
- ¼ cup thinly sliced celery
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- dash black pepper
- 2 thin lemon slices
- Cut two 12-inch squares of heavy foil or, cut 4 squares of regular foil.
- Trim fat from chops.
- Arrange a chop on each square of heavy foil or on a double layer of regular foil.
- Place the vegetables on top of the chops.
- Sprinkle garlic salt, thyme, and pepper evenly over vegetables and chops.
- Add lemon slices.
- Bring up 2 opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold.
- Fold remaining ends to completely enclose chops and vegetables, leaving space for steam to build.
- Place packets in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 50 minutes or until chops are medium (160°F) doneness and vegetables are tender.
- Discard lemon slices before serving.
- Makes 2 servings.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 180 | Total Fat 7g | Saturated Fat 2g | Monounsaturated Fat 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat 1g | Cholesterol 68mg | Sodium 148mg | Carbohydrate 8g | Total Sugar 3g | Fiber 2g | Protein 21g | Vitamin A (DV%) 0 | Vitamin C (DV%) 24 | Calcium (DV%) 4 | Iron (DV%) 12
- Exchanges: Vegetables (d.e.) 1.5 | Lean Meat (d.e.) 2.5
- Percent Daily Values are base on a 2,000 calorie diet