Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hr minutes
- Makes: 24 Servings, 1 cupcake each
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 package (4-serving size) Jell-O brand strawberry flavor gelatin, or any red flavor
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup seasonal colored sprinkles
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Stir in dry powdered gelatin until well blended.
- Line 24 medium muffin cups with paper liners.
- Pour batter evenly into cups, filling each cup ½ full.
- Place a small marble or ½-inch ball of foil between each liner and one side of the cup, pushing the paper in to form a heart shape.
- Bake as directed on package for cupcakes.
- Cool completely; Remove marble or foil.
- Spread 2 tbsp whipped topping onto top of each cupcake.
- Decorate each with ¼ tsp sprinkles as desired.
- Store cupcakes in refrigerator.
Kraft Kitchens Tips Edit
- Jazz it up: Garnish with assorted holiday candies and/or decorating gels.
- Fun idea: Use Valentine's Day cupcake liners for a special look.
Nutrition Information Edit
Nutrition (per Serving):
- Calories 150
- Total Fat 4.5g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 170mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 16g
- Protein 2g
- Calcium 4%dv
- Iron 2%dv