This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Love Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 6 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅔ cup milk
- Layer potatoes, onion, cheese, herbs and seasonings in a greased dish and pour over the milk.
- Cover and cook in a preheated 375°F oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cover after 30 minutes to allow top to brown.