Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 package dry kidney beans
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 1 small white onion
- ½ small green pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 large jalapeno chopped
- Rinse beans several times to remove all debris then put in large pot and add enough water to cover beans then bring to boil and reduce heat then cover and let simmer for one hour.
- Add onion and garlic salt and stir well then add parsley, onion, green pepper, celery, sausage and ham hocks then continue simmering for 3 hours stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When beans are done add ketchup then simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Pour over cooked rice and serve.