Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ pound smoked turkey sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- celery leaves for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in large saucepan or dutch oven over high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, stirring until brown on all sides.
- Add sausage; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and sausage from saucepan; set aside.
- Add chopped onions, green pepper, celery and garlic in same saucepan; cook and stir over medium-high heat until crisp-tender.
- Stir in rice, red pepper, broth and reserved chicken and sausage; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and tomato.
- Garnish with celery leaves.
- Serve immediately.