Similar to the red-hot Texas-style barbecue sauce, this countrified, homemade barbecue sauce is made and mixed with real ketchup, garlic, sugar, Dijon mustard, and Worcester sauce, and is great for marinating, grilling, and basting.
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bottle (14 oz.) catsup
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 bottle (5 oz.) Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Place minced garlic in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Heat the sauce in a frying pan until thick.
- Spoon or pour contents from the homemade barbecue sauce in a glass bottle. Refrigerate unused portion in a bottle.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 cups or 3 tablespoons