Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is based on an authentic recipe from Taiwan, given to me by a Chinese chef and friend I trained with. Eating these noodles on your birthday or New Year's Day is supposed to ensure you a long and healtny life.
- 1/2 lb. Steak, sliced in thin strips
- 1 lb. spaghetti or long thin noodles
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil - plus
- 1 T. soy sauce - plus
- 1/2 c. fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 c. fresh pea pods
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh Broccoli
- 1/4 c. slsiced red or green bell peppers
- dash of pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- salt to taste
- In hot wok or large frying pan, heat small amount of oil; stir fry Steak.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to pkg. directions.
- Drain and place in large bowl.
- Blanch vegetables in boiling water, each separately; drain well.
- Add meat and vegetables to bowl.
- Mix oils, soy sauce, pepper and Sugar; pour over and mix well.
- Season with more soy sauce and sesame, if needed.
- You also can add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, Shrimp, Chicken strips, if desired.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.