Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Tim Love on the Lonesome Dove Trail — Recipes of Urban Western Cuisine
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup fresh peaches, sliced with or without peeling
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- peanut oil for frying
Cinnamon sweet cream Edit
- Mix together all dry ingredients for the dough, keeping the tablespoon of flour for patting out the dough.
- Add shortening, blending it into the dough with a fork to form crumbles.
- Add the chicken stock to the mixture and blend until mixture becomes tacky to the touch.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Melt butter in a saute pan.
- Add flour, stirring until mixture becomes golden brown.
- Add fresh fruit, sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Remove from stove and allow mixture to cool completely, or chill in refrigerator until needed.
- Divide dough into balls and roll out dough to -inch thickness.
- Form dough into 4-inch rounds.
- Place heaping tablespoons of fruit filling in center of dough rounds.
- Moisten edges of dough with water and fold over center, forming half-rounds.
- Press sides together to seal and crimp edges.
- Fry empanadas in heavy skillet until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine all ingredients for cinnamon sweet cream and whip until soft peaks form.
- Serve with warm empanadas.