Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup chopped leeks
- ⅓ cup chopped carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 cans red sockeye salmon drained
- 12 slices lemon
- In Dutch oven sauté leeks, carrots and pepper in butter until tender then stir in flour, salt and cayenne.
- Gradually add milk stirring constantly and cook and stir until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in tomato juice.
- Remove bones and skin carefully from salmon then break into chunks and stir gently into the hot mixture.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Serve at once garnished with 2 lemon slices.