Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Grade A Recipes from St. Thomas Elementary PTA, page 17
- Recipe by Phyllis Stewart
- 1 cup lite soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 lbs top round (1¼ inches thick)
- 12 mushroom caps
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the grill.
- Make the teriyaki sauce in a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, oil, apricot jam, cornstarch, pepper and garlic.
- Stir to blend, then bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush the steak with the teriyaki sauce.
- Grill the steak 4 inches from the heat, turning once and brushing the second side with teriyaki sauce 5 to 7 minutes per side for rare, 8 to 10 minutes per side for medium-rare and 11 to 13 minutes per side for well done.
- Meanwhile, divide the mushroom caps and tomatoes evenly, thread them onto skewers.
- About 4 minutes before the steak is done, brush the skewered vegetables with some teriyaki sauce and place them on the grill or under the broiler for 2 minutes longer.
- Cut the steak across the grain and on the diagonal into thin slices.
- Serve with the skewered vegetables.
- The teriyaki sauce can be made ahead of time.