Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Grade A Recipes from St. Thomas Elementary PTA, page 17
- Recipe by Phyllis Stewart
- 1 cup lite soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 lbs top round (1¼ inches thick)
- 12 mushroom caps
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the grill.
- Make the teriyaki sauce in a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, oil, apricot jam, cornstarch, pepper and garlic.
- Stir to blend, then bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush the steak with the teriyaki sauce.
- Grill the steak 4 inches from the heat, turning once and brushing the second side with teriyaki sauce 5 to 7 minutes per side for rare, 8 to 10 minutes per side for medium-rare and 11 to 13 minutes per side for well done.
- Meanwhile, divide the mushroom caps and tomatoes evenly, thread them onto skewers.
- About 4 minutes before the steak is done, brush the skewered vegetables with some teriyaki sauce and place them on the grill or under the broiler for 2 minutes longer.
- Cut the steak across the grain and on the diagonal into thin slices.
- Serve with the skewered vegetables.
- The teriyaki sauce can be made ahead of time.