4-H Recipe from the kitchen of Toni Pipkins.
- Beef Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 flank steak (about 2 pounds)
- fresh cicely, optional
- Combine all ingredients, except steak, blending well.
- Place steak in glass baking dish; cover with marinade.
- Mix and refrigerate at least six hours or overnight, turning steak occasionally.
- Serve hot and plain or with other dishes after grilling. Top with the fresh cicely, if desired.