- bread dough
- 1 1/2 cups of ground poppy seed in 3/4 cup of water
- 3 cups of milk to a boil
- 1 cup of Sugar or honey
- poppy seed and milk
- To make Bobalky, pinch off portions of your bread dough into small pieces about an inch in diameter. Place on a greased cookie sheet, set in a warm location, and let rise for for 15 minutes. Then bake at 375-F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. When cool break the bread pieces in half and place in a colander.
- Cook 1 1/2 cups of ground poppy seed in 3/4 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Bring 3 cups of milk to a boil. Add either 1 cup of Sugar or honey or according to how sweet you want the Bobalky to be.
- Now pour about 2 cups of boiling water over the bread.
- Mix the poppy seed and milk & sweetening together and pour over the bread. Mix well and you have Bobalky.
- Can be served either warm or cooled from the refrigerator.