Makes about 50 mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 pounds mushrooms
- 1 cup oyster crackers - crushed
- 6 oz cooked lobster meat - chopped
- 4 oz cooked crab meat - picked over and shredded
- ¼ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅔ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add minced celery, onion, and red bell pepper. Cook 2 minutes, until tender, then cool.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop ¾ cup of stems. Set mushroom caps aside.
- In large bowl combine vegetable mixture, chopped stems, crushed oyster crackers, lobster meat, crab meat, ¼ cup shredded white Cheddar cheese, egg, water, Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Grease two large jelly-roll pans.
- Brush mushroom caps with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and stuff with lobster-crab mixture.
- Arrange caps in prepared pans. Top with remaining ⅔ cup shredded white Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 12 minutes - until lightly browned.