Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lobster Soup is, of course, the king of soups. It is for special occasions and when you need an outstanding dish to start your menu.
- 1 lb rock lobster tails
- 1½ quarts water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup onions
- 4 oz butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 tsp salad herbs
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 piece lemon peel
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup light cream
- In a 2-quart saucepan, simmer until tender the rock lobster tails in 1½ quarts water and 1 tsp salt.
- Reserve water.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, sauté the onions in butter until soft but not brown.
- Add tomatoes, mashed garlic, salad herbs, nutmeg, salt, pepper and lemon peel.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup dry white wine.
- Heat until it bubbles.
- Add 1 quart water from rock lobster.
- Cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Put mixture through food mill or sieve.
- Add: the lobster meat chopped finely and light cream.
- Correct the seasoning.
- Serve in soup cups.