Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 4
- 2 cups cooked lobster meat, about 2 small lobsters
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- buttered toast or pastry shells
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat lobster in the butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt, cayenne pepper, and sherry.
- Mix beaten egg yolks with the half-and-half and add to lobster.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until lobster Newberg is thickened and heated through, but do not bring to a boil.
- Serve lobster Newberg over buttered toast or pastry shells.