Herbed kidney beans
- ½ lb dried kidney beans
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- ½ cup mixed chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley, basil dill and tarragon)
- salt and black pepper
- Soak the beans overnight in water to cover.
- The next day, drain and rinse them.
- Place in a large pot and cover with fresh water.
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Bring the water to boil and simmer until the beans are tender, about 1 hr.
- While the beans are still warm, stir in the remaining ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the beans to cool to room temperature before serving.