Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coleslaw from the Public Domain Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 6
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup jícama, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup medium radishes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for dressing and mix well then toss with cabbage mixture in a large bowl and chill for 2 hours before serving.