Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- Makes 2 liters of soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ kilo beef liver, trimmed membranes and chop finely
- 2 liters Basic Dog Broth
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped
- Heat up the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the liver and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir all this constantly.
- Add in the broth, salt, and pepper to taste, and let all this boil.
- Reduce the heat once it starts boiling and simmer it covered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- This can be mixed with the flour if your dog likes heavier soups.
- Serve it over rice or kibble.