In Romanian: Corabioare
- ¾ cup lard
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- ½ cup sour cream or milk,
- 2 oz/50 g yeast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- flour as needed
- vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- Beat the lard with the sugar and vanilla, then add sour cream, yeast dissolved in a little milk and salt.
- Knead with flour a medium stiff dough.
- Cover and leave in a warm place to rise.
- When risen, place on the pastry board and divide into 3 equal parts.
- From each part, make a roll with your hands.
- Cut each roll into finger wide pieces.
- Place these pieces at considerable distance one from the other on the baking sheet.
- Let them rise.
- Then bake.
- When ready, roll each piece in vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar.