- 6 oz thick cut bacon, cut into ⅛ inch pieces
- 6 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and finely grated
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and finely grated
- 1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- Fry the bacon until crisp and set aside.
- Run the grated potato and onion through a meat grinder on coarse.
- Add the bacon and the remaining ingredients, except the butter.
- Mix well and pour into a 13x8x2 inch buttered glass baking dish.
- Bake at 425°F for ½ hour, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees for 25 minutes or more.
- For best results the pudding should be at least 2 inches deep in the pan.