- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Set aside.
- Drain or blot dry.
- Use large diameter shallow pan (melt enough butter to coat bottom and sides thoroughly).
- Saute finely diced onions until ready to brown.
- Add diced green pepper for short cooking time.
- Mix eggs, diced mushrooms, picante sauce, salt and pepper.
- Pour over onions and peppers, making sure ingredients are evenly distributed.
- As mixture begins to cook and set, lift edges to allow runny portions to fill and set.
- Do continuously until just barely set.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over half of one side.
- Lay cheese strips over same half.
- Cover and let cook enough to begin cheese melting, but not overcook on eggs.
- Slide off onto plate while folding one half over on other.
- Serve portions on rye bread, cover with dollops of sour cream (on the eggs).
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.