This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 4 tenderloin steaks, cut ½ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 pint container of heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of brandy
- 1 x 8 oz can of mushrooms
- salt to taste
- Over medium heat , melt the butter in a 12 inch skillet.
- Fry the steaks turning them over after 2 minutes or so.
- You do not want to over cook them at this point.
- They will finish cooking later.
- Add the cream, mushrooms to the steaks and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the brandy and pepper and simmer over low heat.
- Simmer steaks for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Served with mashed potatoes or fries. OK, to make it a little healthier a vegetable would be nice.